3 Tips To Get Your Fans To Leave More Google Reviews
The best way for potential customers and clients to learn more about your business is a quick online search. Right? Within a few seconds, they can learn about your product/service, corporate culture and how you do business. They can also learn about other customers and clients experiences with your business.
So within a few seconds, potential customers have determined whether or not they are interested in doing business with you. They have formulated an opinion of your business based on the above impression from your business profile. Of that, accurate (and positive) reviews of your business is critical.
- Nearly 95% of shoppers read online reviews before making a purchase (Spiegel Research Center, 2017)
- 97% of shoppers say reviews influence buying decisions (Fan and Fuel, 2016)
- Reviews make 71% of customers more comfortable purchasing a product (3D Cart)
Positive reviews on your Google, FaceBook and other profiles also serve a secondary purpose; ranking your profile higher in search results. Not only do they help influence consumers, reviews also help your business rank organically in search results!
So, we've established that customer reviews are one of the most powerful tools for generating new business.
In this post, we will explore 3 ways that you can integrate into your current business practice to make it easier for your fans to leave raving reviews of your business.
3 Tips to Get More Reviews
1) Verify Business Profiles
The first step to making it easier for customers to leave reviews is to make sure they can find your business! Simple as it sounds, many businesses do not have their location mapped correctly in Google Maps, displaying correctly on FaceBook or other profiles. Double check to ensure that your profile is displaying correctly and up to date. If you have not taken the extra steps to verify your business listing on Google, you are not even eligible to receive reviews!
2) Remind Gently & Frequently
Your customers are busy, and even those with the best intentions may forget to leave some nice words for you. This is not the time to be bashful, a little prompt goes a long way. I recommend that you breadcrumb your customer to leave a review at least 3 times.
- Personally, work it into the conversation, ask them personally to leave some kind words as a review on your business profile at the completion of your transaction.
- At the point of sale, or closing of billing. More than likely one of your last correspondences with a customer or client is via email as you close out their project. Work a request for a review into your closing or follow up email.
- Follow up. Here's where you can harness the power of your CRM to follow up a couple weeks out of the closing of your transaction to send a targeted and specific reminder to your clients to leave you a review.
3) Make It Easy
Simplify, simplify, simplify. You are asking your customers to go out of their way for you, so do everything you can to make the process easier for them to get where they need to go. The best way to do this is to provide a direct link, embedded in your communications, to get them to your review page in one click. Luckily for you, this is really easy. Follow the steps below to create your direct link to your google business review page:
- Navigate to the Place ID Lookup Tool on Google
- This is a simple generator that gives you a unique identification code for your business.
- Find your business and access your Place ID. You can do this by simply searching the mapping field for your business and copying the ID (25 characters).
- Next, you’ll paste your Place ID at the end of the Google review URL, replacing <place_id> with your Place ID. When your Place ID is added it should look like this: https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=<PASTE ID HERE>
- Navigate to TinyURLand shrink that hyperlink you generated in step 3 to generate a shorter, more manageable hyperlink.
- Copy that URL and save it for quick reference! Copy and paste that link into a communication template in your CRM or directly into your emails and watch those reviews flood in!